Posts Tagged ‘elevator etiquette’
- Always push both the UP and DOWN buttons to summon the lift. Sure, the first lift that stops may not be going in your direction but at least you can while away the minutes saying ‘Going up? Oh no. I want down’ to a lift full of (irritated) strangers.
Always remember that there’s no such thing as a full lift. People are squashed in like sardines? Shove a little harder – if they got in, you deserve to be in, too!
- Don’t, whatever you do, wear deodorant.
- When you’re first into a lift with people following, don’t move to the back. You might not be able to get out!
- If you’re standing by the lift door, never ever use the ‘open door’ button to let the people at the back out. Timed lift-exiting is soon to be an Olympic sport.
- After the lift door closes, keep on talking on your Blackberry / iPhone / both at the same time. It’s important that you look important.
- Do utilise the lift’s mirror to apply your makeup / do your hair / inspect your pimples. What else are mirrors for?
- If you’re going above the 15th floor, try to start a conversation. ‘Do you know what material this shirt is made from?… Boyfriend material!’ is always a good line.*
* Hands up, I stole this line from the Laughing Cow cheese ad.