Birthday presents for an eight-year-old girl
I thought I’d write a post about this given the number of mums who texted me before DD’s birthday to ask what she might like. Obviously, all girls are different but here are the gifts that went down well with DD:
– Perfumes and body sprays.
– “Real” makeup (blusher, pale eye shadow).
– Anything to do with Trashpacks (don’t ask if you don’t know – you’ll wish you didn’t know).
– Costume jewellery of the adult variety (not kiddie jewellery).
– Grown-up gifts like photo frames (thank you A) and CDs and – from me as her main gift – a radio/CD player for her room.
– Cash and/or cash cards to spend in the malls.
And, if you’re interested in hearing what an eight-year-old girl says she wants, it would be: Her own laptop, her own iPad, an iPhone 5, loadsamoney and a car with her own driver so she can go wherever she wants. Oh, and Justin Bieber to perform a private concert. On time.
Dream on, babe – especially on the last one!