Things I’m grateful for: 2012
It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, above and beyond everything else I’m grateful for my darling DH and my two cheeky monkeys, DD and DS – that they’re healthy, happy and (usually) reasonably well behaved.
But what else?
– That DS settled nicely into big school.
– That DS finally, finally, ditched his pacifier.
– That, when singing, DD is slightly less tone deaf than she used to be.
– That my blog is doing so well (200,000 clicks from 189 countries in 2012 alone!)
– That we have enough money for me to be able to indulge the children in this and that now and then without worrying about it.
– That I have a gorgeous turquoise swimming pool to look at every day.
– And blue sky almost every day.
– That I no longer put horse-bleach into my hair every six weeks in the name of “honey highlights”.
So, lots to be grateful for. But it wouldn’t be New Year without some resolutions, so here are some, though not all:
– To remove from my purse all the loyalty cards that I never use, hairstyles that I never show the hairdresser and vouchers for free coffees in places that I never go.
– To lower the garden’s “yardarm” so the cocktail hour starts at least an hour later than it currently does.
– To dress a bit nicer on the school run (I’ve gone in cargo shorts and flip-flops too many times to be funny).
– To lobby the children’s school to start at 8.45am instead of 7.45am.
– To find a beauty cream that doesn’t just hide the black under-eye circles, but fills in the hollows, too.
– And, to stop finishing DH’s sentences (he made me write that).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!