9 problems of a Dubai school mum
This morning, Dubai 92 breakfast show presenters Catboy & Geordiebird – the only people worth listening to in the morning – talked about a speculative list of rap star Jay-Z’s 99 problems that’s been posted on the internet. You know, things like a growing addiction to Coke and Mountain Dew; not drinking enough water; worrying about which is the healthiest cooking oil; and a three-week stalemate with [wife] Beyonce regarding a “particular” baby name [Blue Ivy, for those who aren’t aware].
I caught it as I was driving home from a meeting at school and it got me thinking about the type of problems we Dubai mums face. Tongue in cheek of course. So here goes:
– Whether or not to admit to other mums that you sometimes let your child eat McDonalds.
– BlackBerry or iPhone?
– Do I need a seven-seater?
– How to stop bleached highlights looking yellow.
– Finding a water-tight excuse to get out of being Class Rep.
– How much makeup at 7.30am?
– Is it okay to offer 800PIZZA on a play date? Or is N_K_D more acceptable?
– If you wear exercise gear at pick-up, will people believe you’ve actually been exercising all morning?
– And, finally, the million-dollar Dubai school mum problem: What to wear at morning drop-off.
Edited to add: Check out the Catboy & Geordiebird Facebook page for more hilarious ideas from Dubai 92 listeners. Apparently they’re going to talk about this on the radio tomorrow!