I won a Liebster Award!
Thank you to Secret Vent for awarding me the Liebster Award for bloggers with 200 to 3,000 followers. It is passed along to other bloggers who meet the same criteria. Liebster is German and means beloved.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Each blogger must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 3 to 5 new bloggers (with 200-3000 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I’d like to have been a commercial airline pilot.
2. My dad wanted to call me Lydia but my mum said no because she thought it sounded like Lid-o-ya-jam-pot.
3. I have a psychology degree.
4. I never thought I was cut out to be a mum. (I sometimes still wonder.)
5. The only accent I can do well is Australian.
6. I never, ever drink cocktails.
7. I’m such a strict vegetarian I make the Subway sandwich people change their gloves before they serve me.
8. I can’t stand waste – I’ll sell, recycle, pass on, up-cycle, give away – do anything to avoid throwing something away.
9. I’m a loner.
10. I’ll never go out in a group of women.
11. I absolutely love yoga and cycling.
And here are the answers to the questions Secret Vent asked me:
1. What’s your most embarrassing memory?
Wearing my nightie to a party when I was six. My mum told me not to but I thought it was pretty enough to pass as a dress. Needless to say, first question at the party was, “Why are you in your nightie?”
2. What song do you play to lift your spirits?
When I Ruled the World by Coldplay – because it reminds me of when I had a career and the world at my feet. Ha!
3. What food could you not do without?
4. What 5 guests, dead or alive now, would you have to dinner?
My husband (the long-suffering “DH” in my blog); Amelia Earhart; Elvis Presley; George Clooney; Michael McIntyre. Though maybe I’d invite Clooney to a dinner on his own, ha ha.
5. Cats or Dogs? Which do you prefer?
Cats times 10.
6. What 5 words describe you best?
Optimistic, sun-worshipper, yogi, handbag-lover, tired. (I know I squeezed a lot of words into my “5″)
7. Who’s the funniest person on TV?
8. If you could be famous for one day, who would you be?
George Clooney’s girlfriend.
9. What essentials are in your handbag?
I’d like to say a 25cl bottle of Sauvignon and a straw but you might take me seriously.
Purse, BlackBerry, car keys, packet of Gummi bears and a Matchbox car for DS-related emergencies – that’s it.
10. Where would you live in the world other that where you live?
Florida Quays, Mumbai, Mauritius, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, South Carolina, Malaga, circumnavigating the globe on that cruise ship The World – anywhere, really, as long as it’s sunny. My soul has no home.
11. What’s your biggest regret, if any?
And here are my eleven questions for my chosen winners: (any readers who’d like to reply, too, I’d love to see your answers!)
1. You’ve got two hours to yourself – what do you do?
2. Flats, heels or wedges?
3. Beach or city break?
4. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
6. You’ve got £500 to blow – what do you spend it on?
7. Hermès Birkin bag or luxury holiday?
8. Reincarnation – truth or load of old baloney?
9. Fake handbags – necessary evil or untouchable?
10. What’s your most memorable holiday?
11. What did you want to be when you “grew up”?
Congrats to my Liebster Award winners: